Friday, September 20, 2019

Nanaimo Bound


The kids and I had all booked this weekend in September for a little getaway together.
Even my new grand-doggie Penny was part of the entourage and it was fun to get to know this eager, somewhat nervous little spotted beauty. 
Patrice & I left a bit early so we picked up Penny and headed to the Ferry where I had booked our ticket.  Thankfully we didn't end up having to wait, but it was touch and go with minutes to spare! Oh the agony of suspense... 


It was a delightful day to travel and to spend some time outside in the sunshine and wind with my favourite daughter. 


Wind whipped curls and happy hearts.


The motel was wheelchair accessible AND dog friendly with a beautiful outlook over a little lake.


I had to wait for the motel staff to take my ridiculously TALL bed apart and reassemble it so that I could get on and off.  It's a real frustration now with the tall beds that are in vogue.  My shoulders are not built to pole vault myself up so high...


So scenic!


I invited cousin Margaret who lives in Nanaimo over for a visit so we could catch up on news and get reacquainted.  She's been so kind to Patrice since she got to know her last year at Dad's memorial service so it's great to keep those family ties wherever possible. 


We headed to Rathtrevor Beach to enjoy the ocean and the great outdoors which are so very spectacular on Vancouver Island.


Unfortunately our sunshine disappeared, but there was no rain so we explored and Penny had a lot of sniffing to do...


Precious times with precious kids.


No comments: