Monday, August 19, 2019

Breathtakingly Beautiful Life



I wanted to squeeze in one last outing with Marcia before they headed home so we picked up some nice drinks and sat in the car by the lake visiting.  However, I was rescued from the "same old routine" when someone pulled their car up RIGHT beside us, ruining our private ambience.
They also made some comment about how we had parked so we just gave them a nice smile and drove off.


We found another beach access close to the bird sanctuary and I decided it was time to switch up my routine and actually go INTO the bird sanctuary instead of just sitting in a car near it. 


The seemingly rude "interlopers" gave me the opportunity to rethink my pattern and to take advantage of some beauty that I usually don't see that is right here in my 'front yard'! 


There were ducks and birds, bullrushes and flowers and all sorts of beautiful sights to drink in...


I need to make sure not to miss what's right around the corner by using my wheelchair as an excuse.


Of course, sometimes I am legitimately tired and I don't have the energy, but I need to be careful not to get in the habit of missing out because it feels too hard at the moment. 

Because just look at this! 
A little piece of paradise with delights just waiting to be discovered.


On their last evening in Kelowna we had supper with Vic & Marcia & Elsie at a fun little eatery not far from where I live.


They even served Chinese Food which is one of mom's favourites!


And this was our view!


Us three. 


From the youngest to the oldest...
Still together and loving each other more than ever. 


I am so grateful for these siblings.
For this family.
Nothing deserved, but lavishly granted.


On the way home I stopped to snap a few pictures of the lake and the golf course where we had just eaten.


I know that I am so beloved of my Father.
I am surrounded by love.
I get to live here and see this kind of beauty on a daily basis.


It's all simply, breathtakingly, beautiful.



No comments: