Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Celebration




It's one of the most beautiful days of the year for me.

The first day of Spring.

I celebrate my version of Mother's Day twice a year; once in the fall when Daniel was born and once in the Spring when Patrice was born. 

I awoke praying a beautiful blessing on this daughter of mine.
That she would be blessed in her lying down and in her rising up,
in her going out and in her coming in...
in her moments and her days.

She's out of town this year for her birthday which is wonderful.
Spending time with friends and with a community she loves.
In this past year she has found a place and people that she resonates with at A Rocha so she's been re-connecting with her tribe and is loving it.
It makes my heart happy.


This has also just happened in the past week and it also makes my heart very happy.
Fresh sprigs of green breaking through the soil and mulch.
There is something achingly beautiful about this season and how it begins.
The snow lasted forever but here is hope.
Spring has truly sprung.

Aslan is on the move...


And even though my lovely daughter is celebrating elsewhere, the Lord arranged a fabulous little birthday party for me to enjoy here!
Sweet Donara treated us to dinner at a fancy restaurant right on the lake. 


I felt so very spoiled.


Michelle was thrilled that I was finally able to celebrate with her right on her birthdate, so celebrate we did! 
The drink looks about as big as my head, but it's an optical illusion.
It was delicious and decadent and oh so pretty.


I was told that I could order anything on the menu.
When does that even happen?  



On the first day of Spring, of course! 


And the birthday girl ordered steak and prawns! 
It was all so artistic I couldn't help but capture the moments before they were devoured.


Obviously it is more blessed to give than to receive judging by the expression on Donara's face.  


I felt the kindness of my extravagant Father on this day.

The scripture that corresponds with March 20 is Ephesians 3:20 which I experienced today and will continue to as this Jubilee year keeps unfolding.

He will do exceedingly and abundantly MORE than all I can ask or imagine...

I feel vibrantly alive,
like Spring has crept right into my bones...




No comments: