Friday, March 17, 2017

Mishmash of Months



February morphed into March and there were many hello's and goodbye's, visits and parties, work and play and unending snow in between.


My sweet friend Celia popped in with her son Josh during his reading break and it was fun to chat over a cup of tea.
I commended him on his courage to sit and have tea with a bunch of ladies but he claimed it was quite enjoyable.  Perhaps having two sisters has enabled him to stretch his horizons in that direction.


Shrove Tuesday was also celebrated with some dear friends and my kids. 


This year I had no plan for lent however, so the pancakes just marked 40 days till Easter for me. 
And were a delicious diversion on a cold February night.


Instead of Lent I sort of participated in a 3 day Esther fast for Purim which I had some passion for.  It's incredibly difficult to fast without motivation.  
In my humble opinion.


One of my friends celebrated her retirement and 65th birthday so we had a fun time reconnecting with an interesting assortment of friends from "way back when".  
The get together was planned for just three of us, but two others happened to be in the coffee shop at the time which was perfect. 
A divine little setup.


Anita arrived for a visit and her Dad Ollie also had a birthday so we celebrated with pizza and a rather lovely cake. 


The snow was truly relentless this year, lasting well into March.


And as I lay down faithfully on my bed every afternoon, I watched as the snow slowly began to creep away from the trees, leaving more and more yellow grass exposed. 


The golden glow at a day's end.
A winter sunset.


It was a happy, very beautiful winter.


And I'm so glad it's nearly over. 



No comments: