Monday, March 13, 2017

Lovely Lana



Today this sweet friend drove to Vancouver on her way to do missions work in Prague and beyond...
She has been with us since the end of December and it has been a heavenly little season together in this snowy wintery wonderland.
She has been a part of our family mix since the kids were in their teens and I am so grateful that she has become like family and that we were able to have her stay with us for these past few months.


She LOVES people and has a huge bunch of friends here in the Valley where she grew up that she has been connecting with so she put a party on for herself the other night to bid farewell to many of them before her departure. 
This is only a sampling of the crowd that was here.  
So much laughter and fun and love...


Her walk with the Lord is something that is paramount in her life and she very intentionally seeks Him and follows Him wherever He leads.
Thankfully He lead her here, to our house, and we spent many quality hours sharing our hearts and praying together in between her other many activities and interactions.
She is a woman of integrity, intelligence, conviction and deep love, and is "wholehearted" in the way she lives her life.  She was exemplary to me in her purity of lifestyle and I was challenged, inspired, and convicted, in a very good way when I would spend time with her.  


I love that the Lord has given me such a beautiful variety of friends of all ages and varieties.
I have spent many years praying for this next generation, especially during my time at New Life when I was heading up a prayer initiative called "the Sheep Gate" where we prayed for children, youth and young adults.
Having Lana here and seeing her life up close and personal brought me incredible joy.
I felt like I was seeing some of the "first fruits" of an army of young people who are wiling to lay down their lives for Jesus.
Disciples whose hearts are aflame with One desire.
I'm believing that there will be many more like this one who graced my home and my heart with her beautiful presence. 
I'm looking forward to seeing where and when the Lord will connect us again.
Last time was Germany, this time Canada... who knows where we will meet next?!



No comments: