Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Full Circle



Today in class we had the Island Breeze group come in and do a presentation of one of the gospel stories they had been learning.  It was so well done and very entertaining!  The dead boy got up and did the Haka - something we never thought of when we were dramatizing the same story!

Before they left our class, the big Samoans and other group members gathered around our Word by Heart Group - encircling us - and they prayed and sang over us in their native tongue.  In the small room, the sound of these beautiful strong voices singing over and around us was an experience I hope I will never forget.  They finished by doing the Haka over us - a Maori war dance that speaks of life.  They shouted life over and into us and the power of God was present in a very real way.  I kept breathing in huge gulps of air - like God was giving me spiritual CPR after this long hard journey.



One of the members of the group was a first nations Canadian girl and I felt like the Lord was showing me that I had been on that journey of repentance with Watchmen for the Nations - for all of the sins "we" had committed against our aboriginal people.  And it seemed to have gone full circle - here she was standing with other aboriginal people singing, speaking and praying life over me.

Glorious, Beautiful, Unsearchable ways of God.




And here I am with Hannah doing some "talking and listening" at the Banyan Tree Cafe.


No comments: