Monday, July 22, 2013

Flashback


I'm reading through an older journal and I came upon an entry I made before my 46th birthday (April 26 - 2008) and these are words I need to remember.
Declarations that have uncovered the path less traveled.
The one that keeps me in His shadow, by His grace and mercy.

"My last night of being 45 and I know that my life is
RICH RICH RICH.
How can I ever give enough thanks to my Maker,
My Redeemer,
My Friend,
My Deliverer
MY HOPE, MY GLORY and the lifter of my head.

I choose to glory in YOU, my safe place, my Husband.
You are beautiful to me,
You fill up my cup!
You have so much grace with me,
Oh MY, Oh MY!
I am undeserving.

But I open my heart wide and drink in the mercy you unendingly pour out on me.
You have carried me this far, granted me life, a loving family, early salvation, a hungry heart, amazing friendships, so much laughter, pain to broaden my heart, limits to help me focus on you, wild, wonderful worship,
CHILDREN,
oh the unsurpassed pleasure.

Ears to hear,  eyes to see, the ability to enjoy so much colour, music, words...

And a knowledge,
Deep and abiding, of ***MORE***
More to come!
More loving, more revelation.

A greater ability to contain YOU,
To revel in Your delight over me.
Wonder of wonders!

So I thank you for chosing me.
For the miracles yet to unfold.
For the forgiveness that flows minute by minute.
Washing me, keeping me.

You are life.
It's all YOURS.  "


No comments: