Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanking Through Tears



Oh wonderful Thanksgiving!!
It's a pretty sweet holiday and kind of funny too.
Gathering around a big turkey.
Which speaks of our plentiful bounty, I guess.
And I'm pretty stoked about turkey, potatoes, stuffing and gravy with all the extras.
I was able to enjoy THREE turkey dinners - all in fine company, all hugely delicious and I only had to roast one of them!!

It's been such an easy season to give thanks.
There is so very very much to be thankful for!
And the more thankful I am the more I see to give thanks for!
But then again, I live in Canada so it doesn't get much better in my humble opinion!  ha!

So once again we gathered around the enlarged dining room table that is as old as I am.
Fourteen of us.


Family.  Oh precious, precious, diverse and unique family.
With some wonderful extras thrown in.
Even a sweet gal from Japan called April enjoyed the turkey with us.
At least I think she enjoyed it as she cleaned her plate well.  I did have to take the time to explain the extreme importance of gravy in the equation and she let me administer the sauce to keep everything lubricated.
We also have a new "housemate" named Becca who is already proving to be a sweet addition to our little family.  She fits in beautifully and I feel like the Lord sent her here.


Hearing Tante HIlda's cheerful little laugh brought tears to my eyes.
She was brave enough to venture out despite loads of pain.
Both her and mom had taken their painkillers and were able to enjoy the gathering much to our very great delight.
So, with all my wonderful kitchen helpers, the turkey marathon was run once again and we enjoyed a true THANKSGIVING FEAST!


We also celebrated the two birthdays of the two lovebirds.  Now they're 26!


Reading the carefully chosen, meaningful cards aloud is very important to Tante HIlda and Oma so the tradition was carried forth.


Opa likes to retire to the living room when the noise gets too much for him and there he finds one on one visiting to be much more enjoyable.


We finished the evening with some hymns and a short piano recital by the youngest member of our gathering.


No comments: