Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inspired


I'm just feeling the delightful rustling of inspiration inside of me.
After reading someone's blog and investigating their list of "100 things" I realized that it's probably really healthy to have loads of goals.  Her list was more of that than things about her.
And that made me realize that I too, despite my physical limitations
(and what often feels like some real mental limitations as well) can dream big!
There are lots of things I love and would still like to do.

During my last bout of pain induced fear, when so many body parts were inflamed and causing me to shout out in pain while moving, I realized I was mentally shutting doors to dreams I've had.  I was feeling sad about the seeming impossibility of doing what I love most and losing hope

However, even though my limitations are fairly life altering, I live in a place where they are made far less than  if I lived almost anywhere else in the world.

So that's something pretty amazing and I know I'm incredibly well looked after and incredibly loved.
Which is also completely mind boggling and amazing.

So now that I have a group of professionals looking after my wheelchair concerns with me, hopefully I will be sitting a bit more comfortably and safely in the next season of life.
I just can hardly express how happy I felt when these professionals were discussing my needs and physically figuring out what my body was capable of and where its strengths and weaknesses were!

Finally I wasn't so very alone in trying to figure out this mess on my own.
And even though there are serious considerations to be taken into account, we're doing it together and I have fresh input and some new ideas are forming into new a new seating plan.  The gravity induced scoliosis is more or less corrected with a riser under my right hip and the backrest has little side flaps that hold me in place so I don't lose my blanace now that I am sitting up straighter and not sinking back into a soft backrest.

And there you have it.
I have been rescued and inspired.
The list will be forming.
I am eager to dream again,
To resurrect recently buried hopes.

Interestingly enough, at my every second Tuesday night ladies supper group, we are creating vision boards and I have been pasting pictures of all the things that I love and that are important to me on it.  I will try to add a picture of it here when I am done with it.

So basically I've already started my list...
More to come!

No comments: