Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tourist in my Town




We've had a very dear friend staying with us this past while.  She's just like family and fits in like ... a... family member!
Yesterday the dear daughter in law joined us for a quick little tour of the wineries on our very own street!




Such fun discovering these neighborhood delights and the girls were all much more informed and knowledgable about the world of wine than I am.  As much as I enjoy the occasional glass with a meal or the relaxation that results, I don't really go out of my way for it.  Now chai tea... that's another whole story.  I certainly would go out of my way for a chai latte, for instance.  oh yeah, I would.


And meanwhile, although I don't fully understand this passion for wine and "spirits" that has been increasing dramatically amongst those inside the church as well as those outside of the church, I will pray that we will become a people who truly experience and declare that "His love is better than wine...."


And that instead of being distracted by the world and it's pleasures, we would be the called out ones who are captivated and intoxicated with that incomprehensible redeeming love and the Lover of our souls.  Just gonna call that out for this Valley!


Anyways, we sipped and laughed and munched on crackers and enjoyed the informative stories about the various fine wines and the decor inside the wineries.


In our joyful state of mind we continued on to Costco where a large quantity of groceries and goodies were purchased followed by a party on the back patio with more friends and family.



Just loving these last days of summer holidays - the warm evenings, the fruit ripening on the trees and the lazy, relaxed schedule that I love so very much.

No comments: