Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preparation


The long awaited and dreamed of trip is one week away.
I am taking the kids to the Mediterranean on a cruise for REAL!!

Tickets have been purchased and are on my desk.
Online Check-in done,
Luggage tags have arrived
Tours have been booked in Rome and Ephesus
Plans have been made to meet my friend in Istanbul
Treasures have been collected for her.

Oh my -  it is coming, it is coming, it is really happening!!!
A big black duffle bag sits on my bedroom floor overflowing with STUFF
And my heart is starting to overflow with eagerness and excitement.

I haven't even packed my clothes yet but we'll make room.
Some of the treasures for my friend will be distributed amongst the kids suitcases so we all share the load.

Today I purchased the little money pouch for our day trips.
Reading stories about the pickpockets in Athens and Rome convinced me that this was a good move.
I'm researching our different ports of call to become familiar with the history and to see what is most important and possible to go and investigate!

Oh I'm grateful for this opportunity to have an adventure and so much time with my precious kids.
Praying for divine appointments and the ability to see God, to enjoy His amazing creation, to carry His sweet presence wherever we go and to experience Him in new places.
Also praying for protection and physical strength to manage the traveling and the cobblestones which are a very big part of many of the places we will be going.

Oh, the dog and i  slept like two big babies last night.
No valium required.
We were both so exhausted and I believe her "problem" has been "rectified".

No comments: