Thursday, May 17, 2012

Co-dependent?


One of my friends at book club tonight told me that Ladybug and I are co-dependent.
Maybe we are.

The last couple of nights have surely shown me that if she doesn't sleep well, I don't either.
She's been looking backwards again at her hindquarters which made me think that perhaps she was suffering from the same malady that she had last summer.
Something to do with glands.  Details are unnecessary and unpleasant.
Plus she was up and down in the night - jumping on and off the bed and generally very restless. Making me... sleepless.
So I operated on her yesterday, hoping for a quiet night.
It was not to be.

By two o'clock in the morning she was keeping me up again so I took her outside - (where it was quite cold I might say)  came back in and broke a valium in two - giving half to her and half to myself.
Desperate times...
By five thirty the fiasco had started up again - on and off the bed, jumping back up and sitting almost on top of me.  I knew she was not doing well.
SO.
Mercy prevailed.
I got up again, operated on her backside, then sat outside in the cold with her (wearing only my little pajamas) while she did her business.

I administered another half a tablet of valium to her upon our return to bed, determined that I should get two more hours of sleep before I had to go to school.
So tired.
I slept in and she was sprawled out on me in a deep and lovely sleep when I realized I was late for work.

I ended up taking her to the vet today to make sure that I wasn't missing something.
I had apparently done a pretty effective job but it wasn't quite finished.

We are both tucked into bed with hopes for a better night.

I have a jar of peanut butter by my bedside in case there is a need to medicate Ladybug because I am going to sleep tonight.


No comments: