Sunday, November 6, 2011

Baby It's COLD Outside!



November has arrived. BRRRR!


Still, there is such vibrant color all around with many of the leaves still clinging to the trees.
Lots of sunshine making for stunning landscapes and a bedroom view that glows golden yellow and vivid blue.


It's been cozy inside and we've been watching the Doc Martin series, cuddled up on the bed, often with heat bags and popcorn.


My sister and I took a little trip to Peachland this week to give dear Oma and Tante Hilda a chance to see the fall leaves and the lake while sipping coffee and eating goodies at the cafe.
They're always so grateful for the outings and the times together are sweet.




This morning I hosted "house church" with two lovely families and some of their kids.
I was grateful for the fellowship and conversation and it was lovely to follow that with a shared meal of soup and bread and goodies. All of us gathered around the big table.
That's a good kind of church.


Yesterday the dear daughter and I picked up Daniel and Nicole to visit a craft fair and we ended up going to the mall afterwards for some shopping. I just felt so happy to be with ALL my kids! Such a sweet gift.

I'm grateful for friendship in our little family. That we can enjoy each other and I want to be mindful to create fun outings, to seize the moments...

My lovely sister is doing better. She's so much more involved in Oma's life as well which makes it all feel so much less burdensome and more joyful. I am sometimes overwhelmed with these precious lives that have been given to me as family - the ones I journey through life with on such an intimate and constant basis. They are so kind. So Godly. So real and good.

And I'm working at the school four mornings a week. Sweet kids. Wonderful challenges and the hope of easier reading coming for all of them.

And Moose got a haircut at a rather cool time of the year so we've been tucking him in at night to keep him cozy. He seems to like that.


So, onward through this cold season with a warm and joyful heart I go.

No comments: