Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Again Oh Hallelujah

Funny how one day can just feel so....different.
All alive and beautiful and warm and inviting.
The earth is celebrating - the sun is giving life
Allowing frozen areas to thaw and forcing the white remnants to disappear.
Warming, warming.
Anticipation is in the air. Is in my heart.

And holidays are almost here.
I can feel the joy at school - the eagerness in staff and students
To break loose and shake off schedules.
Sleep in, rest, play.
Dance and sing as the sleepy world awakens.
These brighter days are magnificent.

And the first day of Spring is officially on Sunday
which is officially my favorite girl's 20th birthday.
And I won't be with her this year. Again.
Which is becoming more all right with me.
She's at school and has no time off and I'd be more in the way than not if I went to join her,
so it's probably better this way.

Anyways, gifts have been prepared.
One parcel sent off today and the other will be packaged off soon as well.
As soon as I get it.
It's a big wonderful secret that I've been working on for a couple of weeks.
Fun to think of her receiving these love bundles from home.
She, who is trying to figure out life down in the California sunshine.
Where it doesn't always feel like a holiday.
And I'm trusting my Loving Father to minister life to this precious daughter
In ways that I can't even imagine.
I'm asking for Him to do exceedingly and abundantly MORE than all I can even ask or imagine for her. MORE than she can even imagine.
Revelation of His love in tangible ways and more...

No comments: