Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Bye Again!


The dear daughter is now in California, over halfway to her destination point. Calvary Chapel Bible School in Murietta California.

And I'm doing just fine on the home front. So far, anyways!!
I had my some tearful moments yesterday before she left and after she left, but there are so many emotions just under the surface that it's almost a relief to have an obvious reason to cry!
So many changes are looming on the horizon and the dominos have begun to fall.
But nothing happens without being filtered through my dear Father's fingers so I can rest assured that all will be most well.

I want to remain in the moment.
Not worried about tomorrow and trusting God with yesterday.
Enjoying what is before me or trusting with patient endurance that which is difficult.

My mom just has a way of putting things into perspective in her no nonsense, faith filled way.
When I was bemoaning the fact that my dear niece and her family were probably moving soon, Mom just responded by saying how it had been a nice season when they came and when they go it will just be a different season starting.
So practical. I don't know how she does it.
Honestly.
She has the most steady, dependable, sensible personality and such a lovely, easy laugh to go along with it. It is blatantly obvious that she is standing on the Rock and trusting Him with her every breath and with all of ours as well!
Such glory in such an ordinary place.
I think God must be over the heavenly moon with pleasure over my dear mama.
She's just beautiful in so many ways and I am blessed to belong to her for this time here on earth. Wish I could show it to her in more ways.

Here's a little picture of a trip we took last week with her to the border to process some papers that the daughter found out she didn't need processed. We just chalked it up to a nice road trip and it was so worth it to hear my mom exclaiming over the beautiful scenery from the back seat and then to pick up ice cream which we all enjoyed from the famous Tickleberry's near Okanagan Falls.






Anyways, this week just skittered on by without me accomplishing much, but I did help the daughter get ready for her California adventure. and then put on a farewell party for her. It was a blessing to see her surrounded by so many loved ones and to cover her with our prayers.






I'm excited to communicate with her and to hear of her adventures and what the Lord will reveal to her and teach her as she pursues truth and righteousness.
I'm so proud that my girl has chosen Jesus.
The Word became Flesh.
May she discover more of His beauty and fall more deeply in love with Him as she studies the living Word.

No comments: