Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hour of Power


Heard about the World Day of Prayer and decided to join with the 24/7 prayer being held in the 10 days leading up to it. Found the church, followed the signs and ended sitting in front of a few stairs. Sigh. I decided to stay and pray in another room which the receptionist graciously opened for me. As soon as I entered the room and postured myself for prayer the Spirit of the Living God fell on me and the tears began to flow.

Intercession - standing in the gap...

Connecting people and situations who need Jesus to the Source. What an incredible responsibility and privilege we have been given. I'm just grateful that it's not all up to us - that Jesus is our ultimate Intercessor and we just partner in with Him.

I had noticed a group meeting in the room next to me - and as I was praying I began to hear them lifting their voices to the Creator. The sounds and words were so beautiful to me. Lifting up petitions with loud cries and passion. Oh the beauty of humble men and women crying out on behalf of others. I began to join in agreement with their prayers, voicing my amens. Suddenly someone would break out into a song - an old chorus and the others would join in. I could tell it was an older crowd and I was basking in the beauty and safety of the generation before me paving the way.

As I left the church I asked the receptionist about the group I was hearing and she said it was the Seniors, gathering for their "Hour of Power". WOW!! I just love that. Very aptly named. A few white heads gathered in a room, shaking miracles out of heaven with their cries.

Unfortunately I did not go back. Stairs do that to me. And right now it seems I don't have the energy to deal with it. I am in such an apathetic state, wanting to run with God in the high places, but finding myself in a very dry and dusty low place. Can't figure out if it's chastising or pruning, but I believe it's the latter. I'm just so frustrated that I can't seem to rouse myself to movement. I want to have a mission, to have vision again, to be busier!! Isn't that nuts? Usually people long for seasons like this - seasons of rest and quiet, but it's been too restful and too quiet for too long!! I feel like I'm in LIMBO LAND! And I don't like it here! (Okay, I'm starting to grumble now, but I'm glad to read in the Psalms that David did his fair share of complaining to God as well.)

I am, however, very aware of the fact that Jesus is well aware of my station in life at this time. And He reminds me to rest and to wait on Him. In the meanwhile I know I need to simply do the good that is before me. Small acts of obedience ..."to obey is better than sacrifice".

So I plod on. Jesus please open my eyes to the ways that I can do what's on Your heart for me today. To love those that you put before me and to seek you above all else.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIMBO LAND! You're here, too??!!! YAY!

PS: Sardonic gleefulness aside, an overall stirring post.