Friday, May 11, 2007

Bon Voyage


"LOVE IS SPONTANEOUS, BUT IT HAS TO BE MAINTAINED THROUGH DISCIPLINE"
Oswald Chambers

Great Quote - completely unrelated to my post.

A busy day - full of sunshine and beauty...and energy ! Yeah - this is one day I really needed it. The earth continues to celebrate the joys of this warm season. The apple trees are in full bloom, already starting to lose some of their petals. I planted my geraniums, allysum, lobelia and one lone tomatoe plant yesterday. What fun to think of the bursts of color that will soon be spilling out of my planters. (I'm saying this in faith that Patrice will water them while I'm away!) Thankfully my sprinklers have been fixed so I don't have to drag the hose and sprinkler around the grass anymore! I was doing a rather pathetic job, considering there is about an acre or two of grass. I'm so glad that I got my little plants into the earth yesterday so that they can be well rooted in and growing by the time I come home.

Today I've been trying to pack for the cruise we're going on tomorrow and my bed is full of piles of clothing. How to decide? I'm not a fashion expert by any means...I love to be comfortable, but I do believe that some "fanciness" is required at the dinners. I hope I'll be able to put it all together before I go to bed tonight. There is always the question of what season of clothing to bring along when one is travelling to Alaska in May. A little bit of everything I guess!

So the adventure begins. Ahh, anticipation. What a gift to be able to celebrate mom's 80th birthday with family and some dear friends. God obviously arranged this whole extravaganza, because everyone was ready with a big YES when the call went out and tomorrow we all converge on the Ballentyne Pier in Vancouver to board the "Serenade of the Seas". So I'm committing this time to our precious Lord - inviting His presence to go with us, inviting His joy to infect all of us and heal us of the hard winter of the soul some of us have endured. What a gift to feel anticipation and some excitement. It's taken awhile for it to come around. May the lethargy I've been carrying be lost at sea and may the wind of the Spirit breathe fresh life into all of us.

He is able to do abundantly MORE than all we are even able to ask or imagine!! Ephesians 4:21? or somewhere around there.

So here's little battle maiden signing off with a
"BON VOYAGE!!!"

No comments: