Sunday, April 16, 2023

Love from over the Ocean


I happened to be on Messenger on Sunday night - waiting for things to quiet down on this often noisy four bed war.  There was a little "world war" going on between a patient and her nurse in the room so I needed a good diversion.  For the most part this room has been heavenly with everyone looking out for the other.
But something else was at work in the room that evening and it wasn't heavenly. 

Therefore, these wonderful messages from Cam and Tracey popped up and simply captured my heart.  They were writing them without knowing the other was also messaging me while sitting on a glorious beach with birds running hither and thither while the waves chased them in Australia.  

So these words came first, from Cam...
******************************************************
Dear friend, we are at the beach and thinking about you! 
I am so proud to be your friend and that you are one who knows what it means to come up out of the desert, leaning on your Beloved.  You have been a tent peg for so many including me.  
When the wind has howled you have created a home and a shelter for many wear travellers.
We have learned the importance of home and have come to believe that the ability to create it is one of the highest its and callings of the Father.  I am so blessed to have been a part of your Home and look forward to seeing the Home that Christ has prepared for you and me, and us. 
You have run a good race because He is good.  he is your Sabbath, He is your finish line, He is your reward.  He is the Joy set before you.
When you are ready, run, and run to Him.  His arms are open, always, and His embrace is all that matters!  
See you soon!


Cam's poignant words were followed by Tracey's beautiful heartfelt cry...

Karen, Karen,, Karen!!!
WE LOVE you! You are ever with us ... our pocked sized giant.  
Your perseverance and joy continues to inspire and spur us on.

I know you are getting close to your resurrection, my dear friend.  I will miss you in this peace but you remind me how temporary this all is.  You inspire me to ge more heavenly minded, more loving, more devoted.  You have always been a pillar of hope, trust, gratitude, worship and perseverance even when things are hard and don't feel good.  You have been one of my dearest friends, a safe place to fall apart and then back into the arms of Papa...together.  You have showed us hospitality with so much joy - good food and lots of 'up yours'!" 
You are freakishly funny and I fear no one else will geek out with me over word play like you do.
I have learned so much from you - your wisdom wrought in the fire and written on your heart.  Mostly I love you because you are you and because you are stunning!  Ah, the good stuff!!!


***************************************
At this point I mentioned that I'd like to add these sweet words to my blog since I'm not writing with a lot of "fresh juice', although it seems like it would be a valuable time to do so.  Anyways, I obviously have permission to steal their words. 
Tracy thinks Cam is the better writer, but I beg to differ - they are equally uniquely gifted.  Two sides of the same glorious coin.


She simply told me to "plagiarize away"! 
Followed by "If its not too much we will keep the love letters flowing...like the waves that just don't stop crashing.

**********************************************


I've also wrestled with including poems or writing for me, but I'm jutst going to 'get over me' here and share the kindness, this wave of love that is moving me forward or simply buoying me through this tangled time that has turned into an ocean of peace.My breathing seems to have eased which is awesome. I'm on one slow dose released painkiller every 24 hours and something else to keep the ulcer from acting up again. Occasionally I'll add a little something to extend my sleeping time but there is this danger of the effects messing with my brain late into the day.  It's difficult to have a pleasant conversation when your eyes keep wanting to roll back into your head while you fall into a pleasant sleep.

I have been spurred on to pray JESUS over my sweet room mates who have ongoing issues with digestion, vomiting, the other problem, TPN, NG tubes with ugly looking feeds going in and making them feel horrible.  So I pray  and they receive with gratitude.  

One of our foursome left and before she did she came over to my bedside and said "You've made your peace with God, now I've made mine".  That was unbearably precious to me.  

It can be (and was) just that simple for her.  

Hallelujah. 



No comments: