Thursday, April 20, 2023

Gentle Landing


I'm so grateful to have landed here. They zipped me so quickly in a stretcher from the four bed ward and straight  through these familiar doors.
I was on my back but I recognized the landmarks and the sweet recollections of times we had spent with  Dad flooded me and it had a "home-coming" feel to it. 


Look at the spacious room and big window overlooking trees and grass and bushes and BIRDS!  The birds land right in the little feeder at my window and then flit away again so suddenly but what a delight.
The early morning birdsong is also just heavenly.


There's a lovely big recliner right next to my bed and across from me more chairs and a decorative shelf with cards and flowers. 
The second night I was here they served PIZZA so I nibbled on the edges and let Daniel finish the rest of mine.  They said there was also one for the guests so it was perfect =) The menu here is quite nice as well, it's just always my digestion problems that limit me. 


Patrice has finally figured out how to get a few programs onto the TV that we both enjoy. Escape to the Country and our Azerbajan Cooking show haha. 



And there is a fridge so there is ample space for the kids to hide goodies that they might need to fortify themselves is the need arises! 

The room is quiet but my sleeps are still strangely interrupted, I seem to wake up almost every 1/2 hour, but I don't know how to explain the presence of God in this place.
There is such a gentleness in the air and I literally sometimes just move my arms around as if I am moving through liquid love in the night.

Grateful for this gentle landing place. 
And these gentle beautiful treasures who helped me land well. 

No comments: