Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christmas Newsletter for 2021



‘I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”’  Revelation 21:3 & 4

 

Christmas Greetings!                                                         

 

I awoke to a white winter-wonderland and am gratefully tucked into my warm home where I can enjoy the scenic beauty in comfort with my pup Winnie snuggled in next to me.  It is now 20 years that I have lived up on the orchard and everywhere I look there are rich memories and endless beauty.  God is always so very good, despite trials, the groaning world and the raging of the nations.  We are part of a great drama that is playing out and the choices we make will determine how well our story ends. I was reading just now in the somewhat confusing and heavy book of Revelation. I jumped ahead to “the end of the story” because I know that for those who have lived for Jesus it’s going to be exceptionally good. I needed to read about a good ending since I can’t jump to one quite yet in this confusing upside-down world! 

 

This past year has been fairly quiet.  Elsie and I continued taking turns looking after our sweet mama (who turned 94 this year), keeping the rhythm of our Sunday evenings where we would gather together with Tante Hilda (now 90 and as spry as ever) for a good meal and fellowship.  Small, simple, sacred circles of life.  The greatness and grandness of our story always having God in the center of it all, strengthening, encouraging and keeping us.

 

The kids come for visits, always a joy for me.  Sadly, Daniel and Nicole are no longer together but they are both still living and working in Vancouver.  Daniel is working hard as an Occupational Therapist and is playing equally hard on weekends – mountain biking, hiking or skiing.  His cat Leo keeps him company when he’s home! Patrice is still working with the Interns at A Rocha, Brooksdale (Christian Environmental Organization) while living in her Tiny Home and enjoying long walks in the forest with her big dog, Willow. She also came home frequently in the summer to help out with Mom’s care which was a tremendous gift of kindness.   

 

A highlight this year was a family reunion in July.  What a joy to gather and to enjoy many wonderful meals, games and lots of laughs together under the Okanagan sunshine. Vic’s youngest daughter Amy & husband Russell were able to join us with their newest addition to the Rempel clan, sweet little six-week baby Roslyn, who was doted on by all.  So nice to get a four-generation picture!  (Becci’s daughter Alexia & Elsie missing from group photo)


 

Unfortunately Mom started getting weaker and was falling more so we knew it was time to put her into a care home. Before we got that sorted, at the end of summer, we (Elsie, Mom, Tante Hilda and I) got covid but thankfully, with God’s grace, (and Patrice’s amazing help, once again) made it through without any significant problems. Whew! After that we got mom situated in Mountainview Care Home not far from here. We sure miss having her live with us but we still get her here on Sunday evenings for the weekly dinner! 

 

I hope you are keeping well and I pray the Shalom of Jesus into your life and home!  I want us all to enjoy the same ending to this great “real time drama” so it is my prayer that you will seek Jesus and make Him the center of everything.  It’s why He came, after all… “to seek and save those who are lost.”  He is so glorious and precious, His love for us beyond comprehension, He is “the pearl of great price” worth giving up everything to obtain.  His arms are open wide…

 

That’s it for my yearly update! 



No comments: