Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Flowers at the door!


A birthday in April is a remarkable thing.



At the risk of sounding full of myself I often say that "I feel like the whole world is celebrating my birth and existence" haha!
 I will say, however, that I am grateful that God chose to create me and to put me onto the earth in such a delightful season.
This cool April birthdate of mine started with a most delightful discovery of a box of flowers at the door.


All of my nieces banded together to send mom and I a combined birthday bouquet.


It was exquisite and the hubbub of receiving and opening it made the day feel ultra special right from the get go!


Then Sue & Barb showed up with a carload of excitement and the partying began in earnest!


For instance...


This decadent little piece of cake was decorated with edible gold and filled with all sorts of mocha and chocolate.
And the croissant had pistachio and cream filling.


Pretty much the best croissant I have ever tasted.


I could barely contain all the goodness, but I packed away as much as I could!


and there was even the promise of a delicious coffee in my future with this gift from Marcia. 


And sweet Hannah had made me tiramisu when she found out that was one of my favourite desserts.
We enjoyed that on Sunday evening together.


A pre-birthday celebration, because you've got to make the most of any reason there is to celebrate life! 



No comments: