Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Colors of Life



There is nothing quite like the lively colors of spring emerging from under the monotone blanket of winter cold.
I do love the crisp, fresh, winter white for a short time.  
But it stretches out for so very long and this year Spring has been creeping in oh so slowly and carefully with many cool, cloudy, blustery days surrounding the few really lovely warm ones.


But here we are! 
Enveloped in myriad shades of green...brand new leaves dancing on branches. leaving their shadows on a fresh carpet of grass below.


The blue sky arches benevolently above and fluffy white clouds scuttle overhead in the cool breezes.


Last year's gardening attempts were pretty much useless so this is my concession, a few sunflowers started on my window sill that will hopefully survive in my flower beds.  
Their eager growth and little arms reaching for the sun make me so happy.
Apparently they make God happy too. 

"May the glory of the LORD continue forever! 
The LORD takes pleasure in all he has made!"
Psalm 104:31


My birthday began rather early with a 5:00 AM global online gathering that lasted a glorious 3.5 hours and involved prayer, primarily for North Korea, communion and the lighting of a candle.
Because HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD... and as a result we are too, because He lives in us.

Elsie kindly kept mom at her place for an extra night so that I could spend my birthday in a more leisurely manner. 
Although the word leisurely and life with a puppy are not really compatible.
But I am having FUN!

O

Some dear friends came up to celebrate with me!
We sat somewhat distanced from each other, braving the cold wind and ate snacks and a delicious mocha cake.


It was impossible to light the candles due to the blustery conditions but we sang and indulged in spite of the wind. 
The sun was glorious!



I had lovely phone calls, text messages, a car visit with my free drink and a friend and some "face-time" with my kids to round out the day.


And today I was surprised with lovely local bag of deliciousness delivered to my front door!
A sweet birthday greeting from one of my book club ladies.

I"m glad to be alive, trusting God to fulfill His purposes in my life as I lean in and submit to His ways and endless goodness.



No comments: