Thursday, April 9, 2020

MY SWEET COOKIE!



Something completely amazing happened up here in the middle of this social isolation.
I had said a prayer on Monday morning about getting a dog and then I rather spontaneously checked the puppy ads.  There was a newly posted one about a poodle/terrier cross pup that was available so I quickly shot off an email to inquire about it.
An hour and a half later I had this little darling in my arms.
They had people willing to travel to get the pup and someone was supposed to show up at noon to check her out, but somehow I scooped the dog at 11:45?!?

I have a feeling that if Barb hadn't been here visiting when they dropped off the pup I might not have fared so well.
When the husband mentioned that maybe I wouldn't be able to handle the pup and were there wolves out here?? the wife replied, 'no she's got help' and the deal was sealed. 
It was providential timing indeed. 


Ladybug is a little put out.
The pup, named "Cookie" when she arrived, is thrilled with Ladybug and wants to bite her face whenever she gets the chance.


This was their initial meeting out on the lawn.


Mom is happy about the new addition, and I'm happy for the extra lap to put the Cookie on when needed.


Her eyes are just lovely - one is more blue and the other more green.
And she's kind of pink somehow...
I'm always drawn to the unusual!


I think she's beautiful and I am in love!
Also, I'm kind of exhausted, but that's what comes with the territory.
I'm spending a great deal of my time outdoors trying to ensure that the bathroom business happens on the lawn and not on my carpet.


I've decided to continue her kennel training for the nights to make the potty training easier.
She has been sleeping through the nights, and the whining is getting less and less.
Such a delightful surprise.
Thanks be to God for His endless, delightful, gifts.

No comments: