Friday, August 18, 2017

Wind in my Sails



The slap of the waves against the boat and the wind billowing in the sails...


Pretty much a perfect August day to go sailing with my girl.
We've had so many smokey days this summer because of all of the wildfires burning away in our province, but the wind cleared the skies for our little lake adventure.


I love that Patrice has been trained to do this so that we can sneak out together on a sailboat and enjoy some time on the water.
Look at her leaning over me to show me how it's done!
Unfortunately I am confused with which ropes I'm supposed to be pulling, creating some stress for Patrice, but she would take over and get us going in the right direction so we could take advantage of the wind again.


Thankfully we did have wind this time!!
The waves created by other boats were lovely to go bouncing over and at times the boat would lean way over so I could reach out and touch the water beside me if I wanted to.


I love that there are programs out there allowing people with disabilities to access activities almost otherwise impossible to do.


I also got a few minutes with this dear friend and we enjoyed a decadent cinnamon cold drink while we caught up on some of our summer.
I pretty much look drunk with happiness...
I hardly get to see Sue anymore so the moments are precious.
She had to go and get snacks ready for all of our boys who were heading off on yet another Bachelor's Weekend before her eldest son's wedding.

No comments: