Friday, August 11, 2017

Kids with Kids




It was not so long ago that Daniel and Bradley were becoming friends in Kindergarten and a little note was sent to me in Daniels lunchbox launching a bunch of super special lifetime friendships.
Now Bradley has a little boy named James who is simply charming.
That little face and smile just won my heart.


To my great amazement, Bradley and his wife connected with me asking for a visit while they were in the Okanagan, so a patio breakfast was scheduled.
Sometimes I feel as if people are doing things out of duty or obligation and I made it clear that if they were too busy or whatever, things could be postponed or avoided... just to play it safe.
However, this was obviously not an "obligatory" visit and we had a REALLY great time together.


Early in their marriage, Brad & Shelby set aside time and money to invest in a School of Biblical Studies at YWAM - a very intensive time spent going through the Bible multiple times and learning to carefully study the Word.
I had joked with Brad to let me know when he was going to do this course because it was something I was also interested in but I did the WBH course instead.
Bradley has become a school teacher, but it's obvious that his teaching skills are being used in many other areas as well and they have become quite involved with their local church, even preaching at times. 
I loved hearing their hearts as they shared about their love for community and for the Scriptures.


Our common passion for the Word gave us so much to talk about and I was so impressed with their depth of character and how much fun we were able to have together.  

It was just so comfortable and natural.
What a gift.

It's so cool when the little people in your life grow up into these amazing adults that have so much to teach you.
I was so very blessed by this time with Barb's son and daughter-in-law and their sweet friendly boy James. 



No comments: