Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Snow Days



Ok, it's been over a month since I've posted anything here so I need to check in.
My intrinsic need to catalogue dates and events will not allow me to stray from this exercise indefinitely so I'm going to try to work my way backwards through pictures to jog my memory as I try to "catch up".


As for this day, I just made my way safely home over snowy gravelled roads under clear winter blue skies on my brand new winter tires!  


I left work early because somehow I forget to put on my back brace this morning and I didn't notice until I was at school, at my desk, with a student.  Perhaps it was sitting outside with the doggies in -15 degree windy weather that froze my back  into position early this morning so I didn't immediately notice my missing brace.  At any rate I managed to see two students before the discomfort escalated and I packed up my workspace to head home.


When I got into my car I found that my supervisor had left a whole BOX of homemade goodies for me.  Even peanut butter marshmallow treats were in there - one of my all time favourites.  She literally spoils me and makes my job a delight.  God's kindness and goodness pursues me!!


Life has been a little slower paced for me over the past 12 days ever since I knocked my wheelchair and pieces of my wheelchair lift off the roof of my car...  I was taking Mom home after an outing to the Jammery and for some reason my lift was raised when I drove into the underground parking at her condo.  You can just  imagine the kafuffle!!  It was shocking to see my brand new $6000 wheelchair flying backwards on pavement along with other paraphernalia from my roof.

That put a sudden end to my freedom and I've only been going to events where I know there will be someone to remove my chair from the trunk of my car. However, as I have been writing this entry, my mechanic friend arrived and just installed the repaired lift onto my car!   I've also ordered a new lift so that in the future, if there are any complications I won't be left stranded for days on end.  It just so happens that the accident I was in about a year and a half ago provided enough settlement money to pay for both the lift AND the wheelchair so I'm grateful for God's endless provision in my life.  He delivers so many surprises in such a variety of packages.


I am always well looked after and I still am able to go places so it hasn't been too big of an inconvenience.


And now it's onward and upward for me!  I'm free again to go where I need to go...


No comments: