Monday, December 12, 2016

December Delights



I can't remember the exact day that the snow began, but it's been really lovely, if not somewhat freezing in this particular month of December. 


There was a pre-Christmas party in my car with this lovely lady. 
Michelle is a beautiful soul and we had a lovely visit at the lake as we sat in my car sipping hot chocolatey drinks. 
She has overcome so much and has a bit of a lonely life so it's a treat when the Lord allows our paths to cross.


There was a party at this fellow's house - it was his Dad's birthday and there was a crazy gift exchange between 30 some people that was quite entertaining. We also enjoyed amazing live music and I had a chance to visit with some dear friends that I don't see very often. 


Last year when I was leaving this home after a similar event I landed on my knees in the snow, so we were careful to exit with more grace this time around. Patrice was my experienced driver and I knew about the small sneak. 


Church on Sunday was lovely.  There was beautiful worship, a delicious potluck, communion, good friends and Matthew...  He knows how to make any event into something wonderful with his cheerful smile and positive outlook.  


I've also had a couple of winter parties in my living room.  One evening a few friends that Anita and I have in common came for a wonderful cozy evening of goodies and a visit.  Then on Sunday evening Mom, Tante Hilda, Elsie and Ollie all came for an Advent evening of dinner and carol singing.  I absolutely loved playing the familiar Christmas tunes on the piano with Elsie and Mom had a long visit with Anita on the couch.  
There's something so intimate and beautiful about gathering in each other's homes around candles and food on these dark winter nights...  


This was a gathering at Marie's home with some very special women.
The food was scrumptious, there was lots of laughter and a time of prayer that knit all of our hearts together.

No comments: