Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Flu with Company



I've kind of fallen out synch with my blogging but hopefully I'll be back on track.
Something feels good and right about being regular in this little practice in my life and there is a record for me of God's faithfulness when I take the time to do this.  

Soooo, to recap the excitement I'll do a little backtracking. 

I got some kind of an ugly flu last week that sweep through my body like a storm and miraculously swept out again quite quickly.  I got people praying since I am not very brave when I'm sick.  

Funny how you can feel on the verge of death one day and arise a day or two later virtually unscathed.  

For some reason the "aching body" part of this flu triggered my spasms and increased my blood pressure, which in turn triggered migraines so that whole combo was pretty ugly.  But Hallelujah, joy came a couple of mornings later. 

I'm always just so in love with life when the storm passes and I'm back to regular paralyzed life again.

Oh, and I also had company during this crazy little flu spell.  Dear Marcy was here for a few days while Nicole was working and it just so happened that the timing coincided with my sickness.  She was very gracious as I just kept disappearing into my dark bedroom to sleep away the aches and pains.  

We managed to have some nice times together as she returned for a few more days when I was doing well.  We had a sweet dinner with the kids, went to a movie, took Oma for a drive by the lake on a beautiful sunny day and spent time praying, listening to teachings and watching movies together.  She is such a very dear friend and even though she is daily battling the effects of Huntington's she is overcoming in an extraordinary way. 

Her faith is of the deep and abiding sort.  
It has been earned through years of clinging to God, immersing her mind in Scripture and living a life of sacrificial love for others.  
She is one of the most humble, servant hearted women I know.  
And she is my son's mother in law.


That's pretty sweet.  
So we have an understanding of suffering to some degree and it binds us together.
I feel honoured to have her as a friend - for some 32 years now.  
Amazing.
And it's going to continue on eternally.
Even more amazing!


God kindly sent some deer for our viewing pleasure.


Some fabulous people with the loveliest backdrop!  




No comments: