Sunday, September 15, 2013

CERTIFIED!!


I've been trying now for several years to get certified to give a certain test that will really help me in my work as a Reading Therapist.  I have traveled to Sooke and to Ottawa and recently to Victoria to obtain this certification.  For many reasons this journey has been very complicated, but I can now report that the miracle has occurred.  I am certified to give the test and to write a report that will give a valid diagnosis which may help kids get funding and will help us to give them the specific help they need to get them reading.  Here is Abby and myself taking the ferry over to Vancouver Island.  I was trying to look like a movie star with my hair blowing in the wind but it didn't quite turn out the way I had imagined it...


Abbie pulled it off, but I comforted myself by attributing her movie-star look to the dark glasses... 


Two incredible evenings spent at the Victoria Harbour watching the sunset and eating dinner overlooking the water.  Incredible! 


It felt like a gift from God that they found us a little spot on the patio at this lovely restaurant on the water!


This place never gets old...



There was also homework that needed to be done when we weren't sightseeing! 


And our wonderful, Godly, wise instructor who lives a "missionary life" and inspires us to view our work in the same manner.  




No comments: