Thursday, June 27, 2013

Meditation


A couple of weeks ago I attended an incredible morning of contemplative worship and prayer. We sat in Anne Dyck's big cozy barn with the rain pouring down on the green fields around us as we focused in on God in a very intentional way.  We were encouraged to listen to His still small voice as we listened to repeated readings of Psalm 147:1-11

It was a beautiful time of being washed by His Word and of hearing afresh the wonder of His majesty and love and His amazing invitation to us to enter in to this communion.

We answered questions such as:

What in my life needs to be healed by God?
How do I experience God as a loving Creator?
How do I experience God holding me?
How do you want to hold me, God?

This is what came to me...


Meditation June 14 – 2013  

Covering my face with kisses
His heart open towards me
A stream of love pours forth
Splashing down over me
Filling me
Washing me
Healing and refreshing me.

I belong
I am covered
Protected and Safe
So Connected
He in Me and I in Him
Amen.

**********

A GRACE

This time, set apart
I see more clearly


The clouds have lifted
Allowing revelation
Of how loved, covered and safe I am

Even though the physical is wasting away
His daily strengthening is deeper
And more profound
Thru daily leaning in
And praise
And trust

Through daily communing
The roots grow down
Reinforcements against the onslaught of life and the enemy’s attacks
-to dissuade and uproot.

The “issue” (at present) isn’t ever the issue
Don’t  focus on that

His Lovingkindness surrounds me!!



No comments: