Sunday, March 10, 2013

Know, therefore...



So, sometimes I wonder if I'm hearing exactly right or if I'm just finding scripture to back my situation.  But I'm just putting these ones down for the record.
Between God and I.
Kind of a "stone of remembrance" before the fact.
But in the Lord, living by faith, before and after and during can all converge somehow.
The Anakim ARE huge.
But my God is a consuming fire.
I just have to walk in the fear of Him, not doing whatever looks right in my eyes, but what IS right in His.
He will look after the rest.


"Come up here and I will look after what concerns you down there..."  is what He said to me not so long ago, in the tent of meeting...





Deuteronomy 9:1-3
 Hear, O Israel. You are to cross the Jordan today to go in to dispossess nations greater and mightier than you are, cities great and fortified up to the heavens. A people great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you know and of whom you have heard it said, Who can stand before the sons of Anak?
Know therefore this day that the Lord your God is He Who goes over before you as a devouring fire. He will destroy them and bring them down before you; so you shall dispossess them and make them perish quickly, as the Lord has promised you.  


Deuteronomy 12 

You shall not do according to all we do here [in the camp] this day, every man doing whatever looks right in his own eyes.
For you have not yet come to the rest and to the inheritance which the Lord your God gives you.
10 But when you go over the Jordan and dwell in the land which the Lord your God causes you to inherit, and He gives you rest from all your enemies round about so that you dwell in safety,
11 Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause His Name [and His Presence] to dwell there;

No comments: