Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CRAZY CRAZY WORLD



Sometimes it just blows my mind,
This rapid progression and expansion of knowledge and technology and the vast array of devices available to the common man...
How is it that I can carry a computer around and it fits in the PALM OF MY HAND?  I can talk to someone on the other side of the world face to face on this thing??  I can access information with great immediacy, more than I can ever think of using.

Complicated, amazing cameras are commonplace while photographers abound.
What was so recently amazing (in my world, anyways!) and unbelievable becomes obsolete and archaic while I haven't even figured out all the settings on it yet.

I can read intimate details of peoples lives and see pictures of their families,
people that I've never met and probably never will this side of heaven.
Like a soap opera their lives unfold and I can get lost in the details of other's lives,
without tending carefully enough to the details of my own.

I don't know how I really feel about it all.
Addicted to the ease and marvelousness of it all and freaked out when I stop long enough to contemplate where it is all leading all of us.

Of course, the inevitable statement echoes in my mind,
"this can be used for great evil and great good..."
But sometimes it feels as if  lesser evils and lesser good might be safer.

So, tend to your little garden dear girl.
Set down the devices.
Silence the hum.
Close your eyes.
Listen for that still small voice.

Be still and know that HE IS GOD.


No comments: