Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shades of Winter


We've crawled out of the deep freeze!
This past week had temperatures around minus 20
Colder with the wind chill.
And for this little valley that's cold!
I know other Canadians would mock me for calling this a deep freeze,
but I'm a little spoiled.
And the funny thing was our heater stopped working as the temperatures dipped lower and lower. So I'm just super grateful for a gas fireplace, a well insulated home and a microwave for my little heat bags.


We're also under a blanket of clouds again.
Creating so many shades of grey and white...
Very beautiful against the backdrop of dark pines and hills.
But...
There are still so many weeks of winter left.
Sigh.

So
I went to a fun book club meeting
I drove to the lake and took pictures


And I roasted a turkey for the Saturday night gathering
I went to my art class!
I visited the library and took out loads of audio books.
I sat in the cozy car with the heater going, On a supremely cold and white wintery day.
Drinking a Vanilla Latte and visiting with a dear friend.
I shoveled snow!
I spent an afternoon sewing with my sweet daughter in law.
And, of course, I looked up tropical holiday spots on the internet.

God's goodness doesn't freeze up in the winter.


He continues to "daily load me with benefits"!

No comments: