Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cozy and Magical



We're halfway through October and we're still enjoying sunshine!
The leaves are changing, the apples are picked and there is that
lovely fall smell and crispness in the air.


Altogether glorious!

And my Saturday has been most lovely.
I just got in from planting about 40 tulip bulbs.


Grunting and groaning I lean over (my expanding waistline!) and dig holes to plop those little bulbs of promise into.


And I had such fine company for the outing.
Little Fritz was purring most happily as he sat very nearby watching my digging.





Moose was staring at his tennis ball in hopes that I would toss it for him and Ladybug was running her circles keeping an eye on things and making sure Fritz didn't get too close to her.




The cats are always excited to see us emerge from the house and they proceed to walk up to the dogs and try to rub up against their legs.
This endlessly freaks the dogs out but thankfully there is no animosity on either side.
Just alot of sudden jumping and side stepping on the part of the dogs.

I came in just in time to take out the crusty bread which was giving the house a marvelous aroma and then I iced the poppyseed cake that I had baked earlier.
Getting ready for the gathering tonight!


Lots of laundry got done today too and the day is even nice enough to have my pants drying in the sunshine out back.

I'm so grateful for these "at home days" that feel "cozy and magical" as the dear daughter so aptly spoke this morning as we sat around the table enjoying fine food and each other's company.

Thankful am I.

No comments: