Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gloryland



This is where I live and love God. Pretty darn amazingly beautiful.

You can see the grapes ripening at the bottom of the grapevine right next to the driveway... so pretty!

It's absolutely spectacular around here these days.
The colors outside my bedroom window are breathtaking,


outside my front door the oak tree is stunning.
so majestic, tall and straight with the dark green leaves turning into a deep red the higher up the massive tree you go.


those lovely poplars have almost shed all of their leaves...


My drives to work are oh so cold now in the morning but the color show is well worth it.
The orchards, emptied of apples and the vineyards with ripening grapes,
Brilliant yellow trees lining Mission Creek and making it hard for me to keep my eyes on the road...
It's a delightful drive and a perfect time to be praying or praising.
What a way to start my day!!

At school I have my schedule set with my kids and we're off to a great start.
Praying for wisdom and trying to keep things fun.
Look at this cute little guy. Oh my goodness!


At home I've started a little study with one of the girls on
changing our hearts and changing our lives - all through scripture meditation and memorization and implementation!!
I need fresh input and to break out of lazy patterns.

Sunday I had church with a housemate while sitting in the car
looking down over the lake covered by a canopy of blue.


We read from John 15 and shared communion.
Glorying in the day, in the richness of what we have in Jesus
and in the power of the Word.

No comments: