Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful


In a season of life
where I'm finding it
far too easy to feel sorry for myself ...

I can choose!
To be thankful!!
And I am
of course.
How could I not be?!

The fall colors alone make my spirit dance
Twirling leaves
Golden puddles spreading beneath the trees
The fresh crisp air
Sunshine warming the changing landscape

Time with the kids
Evenings together
at home
Meals shared
Laughter and warmth.
I'm so grateful

A warm home
Chai Tea on rainy afternoons
Breadmaker!
Car to drive
Friends to have lunch with
Sweet students to teach
Music - so much music!
Phonecalls
Pictures
Provision
A full fridge
Heat bags
right out of the microwave
brought by my daughter
A family
A church
A Father who loves me
Unconditionally.
Libraries
Books to read and listen to
Movies
E-mail messages from afar
Dishwasher
Doggy one and
Doggy two =)
A mother's voice on the phone
Saturday nights
Baby to squeeze
Children laughing and running
A full house
A quiet house
My God fills my life

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with Praise!

For in His presence is fullness of joy!

No comments: