Monday, February 14, 2022

February Foodly Festivities


                           

Jan & Coral are not only the best managers we could have hoped for at the apartment, they are also very good friends and true lovers of God.
We were chatting on the phone late one afternoon - probably something rental-related- and I mentioned that there was a place that we could possibly eat at.
We've been banned from the majority of eating establishments for the past 6 months or so which hasn't been a big deal, but the thought of Thai food was more than we could bear so we took our chances and with a little bit of persuasion were allowed in. 


It was well worth it.  
I ordered something new and I'll have to remember this dish if I'm ever allowed to eat there again. 
Something delicious on a bed of spinach.
Now that's the way I like to get my vegetable quotient in!



We also had a fun Sunday evening dinner with Esther & John. 
It's definitely been the month of doubles.. 
I had made angel-food cake with whip cream and berries but Elsie brought along dilly bars so we just had it all!! 
No holding back in this crowd. 


The following Sunday evening we celebrated Tante Hilda's birthday and  amazingly we were once again forced to enjoy double desserts by no planning of my own!


I had prepared chocolate parfait's for everyone but Tante Hilda's friend sent along the cutest, most decadent little birthday cake for the occasion.
So once again, we just enjoyed every last bite of BOTH desserts.  


As you can see I exercised my little creativity muscle and put up some floaty hearts since it's the month of LOVE...



I even wore my big soft LOVE sweater.


Valentine's Day happened to fall on one of our Hobbit Man Cave nights.
As you can see the desserts were not only healthy and delicious but BEAUTIFUL! 
Avocado chocolate pudding topped with coconut cream, raspberries and chocolate chips! 
The main course was also amazing and since this is turning into a foodie type blog it would be remiss of me not to mention that we had spicy chicken curry and rice.  


I LOVE this little bunch and our fun evenings.
Before supper Jazz and Josh took a dip in the lake, disturbing a deer that was lounging on the lawn on their way down.  
I couldn't think of anything more uncomfortable than being very cold and wet at the same time, but they are in the pursuit of health and are considerably more adventurous than Celia or I! 


No comments: