Monday, January 17, 2022

Hobbits In the Man-Cave!



I happen to know so many of the most amazing people AND now their amazing kids and sometimes I get invited into their more personal, sacred spaces which is always an honour.  
I feel God's goodness in countless ways, reaching out and encircling me and I am filled with gratitude.
Over and over again.  


So these two beauties (and Joshua) invited me into their winter of "Hobbit" nights.
Dinner and a movie at a time when we are locked out of theatres and most restaurants- ha!!
Because their "theatre room" is upstairs, we head out to the "man-cave" complete with monkey's hanging from the ceiling and 3 different screens on which to watch our chosen show.


We end up opting for one corner of the huge screen that is right in front of our table.
Seriously, how much fun is that?
It beats going to the theatre any day!


Not to mention the exquisite cuisine that Celia serves - all organic and super delicious.


RIGHT?!?


But the best part is that we are all of the same tribe - we talk DURING the movie and no one minds!!  
Huston, I have found my people! 

Well, actually, the best, BEST part is that after we watch one of the episodes we do a de-briefing, thanks to Jasmine (who has been to theatre school, written screen-plays and has done some professional acting.)

The Hobbit story itself is so rich and deep and the movie is just over the top amazing lending itself to many profound insights and life-lessons.

That way you get a four way benefit - not only do you leave impacted by whatever your own mind was able to apprehend, but you get insights from the others.
It's vulnerable and beautiful - watching these ones interact and getting to be a part of this intimate family time.
They've all been through a lot and are honouring each other as they discover new ways of being together.
Somehow I've been invited in to this sweet place.


So I'm nourished in body and spirit and I leave this place covered in love. 

Truly, His mercy and goodness follow me ALL the days of my life and after this it gets even better, so ultimately I'm a prize winner extraordinare, not by any merit of my own! 
As I just read the other day...

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us reveals the fragrance of the knowledge of Him in every place."
2 Corinthians 2:4

Yes, YES and AMEN!


No comments: