Saturday, July 17, 2021

Company of Cousins



I enjoyed another spectacular invasion of extended family in July which just made my heart explode with happiness.

Here is my niece Becci and her sister-in-law, Maja (who also feels like family!) visiting on my bed.
They fill my home with so much energy and fun.


This younger crowd would be more likely to be traveling the world if they had the choice, but seeing as we have been apprehended by a world wide pandemic and certain doors have closed, my home has become the destination place for the second year in a row! 


When I heard they were coming I threw out the idea for a family reunion and everyone arranged their schedules to 
MAKE IT HAPPEN! 


So, despite smoke shrouding the valley, details were arranged by these two super-stars for food, fun and fellowship.


I love hosting and having the activity swirl about me but the actual shopping and meal prep is beyond me for this large of a crowd.  
Becci and Maja are masters of this kind of thing and it is a pleasure to watch them kick into gear and work together like a well oiled machine. 


So by Friday evening three more cousins arrived and the partying began in earnest with a patio breakfast the next morning. 


Lawn games and lots of laughter ensued with the pups weaving their way in and out, hoping to get some love.  


City Park was a great spot for a supper picnic and the weather was simply maaaarvelous! 


Thankfully the smoke dissipated for our evening festivities at the lakeside.


Tante Hilda is always game for a gathering and she happily joined in the fun. 


This precious bunch all in one place on a sunny summer evening was over the top wonderful.


Picnic fare was served with a flare! 


Capturing candid "cousin" moments was so heartwarming...


I'm always grateful for any opportunity for family bonds to be strengthened and enriched.


As natural as family is, one must work hard to make things actually happen - to get EVERYONE in on the action on some level.


So it was family with a few extras thrown in for good measure - I think that's the way God intended it.
He is a good Father who wants everyone to feel loved and included.


A beautiful end to a stellar day.

No comments: