Sunday, May 2, 2021

Circles of Goodness

 Lately my world feels like a long circle of sweetness and goodness.  The rhythms of caring for mom and then resting or playing are a very good place to be.  


There are thorny areas that are harder to traverse: but on this marvellous day of sunshine, flowers, puppies and aloe juice I am settled.  
The house is still, my window frames new maple leaves, deep blue sky and apple trees just breaking into blossom.


The winter is past.  
I sigh deeply.
  I don't know how to adequately enjoy the raptures of Spring but I listen to the joyful birdsongs and watch the greening world with eager eyes. 
I give thanks.


So grateful for the gentle rhythms and people that have made up my life in these last two and a half years..  



There are heart places and situations that are unfinished but GOD is always at work. 
So I rest in that.  
Understanding a little more now what it is to "enter into His rest".   
Knowing it has taken work to get to a place of rest and it will continue to take effort, but it is available and not so difficult.  
And in this particular moment I know and feel that all is well.  


The mountains are shaking, there is increasing unrest, grief, injustice and pain in the world but I know the end of the story. 
 I train my eyes and my heart to be careful.  
I must walk in the light that is before me.  
His Word. 

Increasingly beautiful and rich.
I leave the places of mystery, and they are many, for another time.
This path of trust winds on and He provides refreshment on the journey. 
I will drink in the beauty and goodness of God that is always available.



No comments: