Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Refreshment on the Journey



"Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."  
C.S. Lewis




I feel like my life is made up of the most amazing collage of beautiful moments.


And I don't mistake these "inns" for home as C. S Lewis warns, as they are accompanied by far too much angst and discomfort but I am so amazed by the variety and magnitude of beauty and fun that makes up my life. 


For instance - this little face!  


Having Patrice here with Willow again was great fun and felt like a real holiday. 



Winnie (affectionately known as Piglet) had so much fun running and tumbling around with Willow. They both have lots of puppy energy to expend so it's convenient (especially for Ladybug who prefers not to engage in the childish play),  that they have each other. 


Sara dropped by for some catch-up time with Patrice. 
These lovely young women have grown up together as family friends, lived in this home together and are now both pursuing beautiful lives of their own.


This picture below was taken outside of Tante Hilda's apartment.  She prays for the deer and their lovely little fauns.  One of the deer had twins and Tante Hilda saw them the night they were born! 



And these two little faces in the back of my car bring me endless delight and laughter.
Thankfully the work involved in training Winnie is slowly becoming more manageable.



I decided to pay my good friends Rob & Diane a visit as I missed them and was also longing for a treatment on my left hand which I recently injured.
As occasionally happens while maneuvering my wheelchair, my hand got stuck in between the rim and another solid object so I thought it would be prudent to get it looked at.



We decided to combine my treatment with lunch (the most amazing Nepalese food) and we had a delightful time.
Lots of prayer, sharing, eating and laughter. 
Diane, being the lover of beauty that she is, brought along bouquets of flowers to give to the chef and for me to take home.



My own patio has been a source of great pleasure as well.  
A feast for the eyes!


Leanne and I occasionally have dinner out here and we never seem to tire of games and silly selfies. 


My cup runneth over and I give thanks to the giver of every good and perfect gift. 



No comments: