Monday, July 22, 2019

Wonder Full



I headed to Vancouver at the end of July filled with excitement to be able to finally celebrate Daniel's completion of the Masters of Occupational Program.  
After six long years of incredibly hard work my dear son has finally reached the end goal and I have lived to see the day!
I went a day early so that I could see Patrice's new place and to attend Daniel's ceremony with her. 


The expansive blue skies beckoned me and my little red car sped over the miles with ease.  My eyes drinking in the sights and my nature cup brimming over! 


I have entered a stage in my life where I actually love to do some road trips alone, amazingly enough.
Perhaps my extroversion has gone down a few notches and I find I am quite happy with my own company. 
Well...it's actually never just me!  
I am having the time of my life communing with my King and best friend, Jesus.  He's good company and the hours fly by as I admire the stunning scenes that surround me and spend time in His presence.  
Lots of worship and praying and silence and beauty.


Practically perfect in every way.


The day couldn't have been lovelier and I happily made my way through the Fraser Valley and landed with ease at Patrice's place in Surrey.  
(with a little help from the talking guide that hangs out with the map in my phone)


It was fun to be able to enter the newly built ground level basement suite that Patrice is living in.  Nice to see her in her own place and doing so well. 


It wasn't so convenient for me though.
Below is the picture of the toilet AFTER I tried to use it. 
Thankfully Patrice helped me to recover before I landed on the floor. 
It seems I need a bar beside the toilet if at all possible.
Sometimes my life just feels too complicated.


After the toilet debacle it was good to head out to White Rock so we could take some selfies together. 


I managed to keep my finger off the lens the second time around.


Our timing was ideal - we got the lovely setting sun and the accompanying golden glow.


Patrice stepped down into the water to wet her toes...


Unfortunately we were unable to go onto the iconic dock due to some repairs that were being done on it following damage from a windstorm last winter, but it was still a very pretty landmark to photograph. 

Oh the light!


So many people were out enjoying the beach and basking in the final rays of sunshine.



I'm  glad Patrice lives in close proximity to the ocean and to so much beauty.
It is truly nourishing for the soul.



No comments: