Sunday, November 26, 2017

Classical Christmas Performance



I bought tickets awhile ago for this production.
Thought I'd get us all in the mood for Christmas with an evening out and it was absolutely wonderful.


It was a ladies night out and even though I think the older ones might have preferred a simple Christmas hymn sing, I broadened their horizons with this classical production.


The children's choir filed in holding candles and singing "Ihr Kinderlein Kommet" - one of our family favourites.


There were some fabulous, well known opera pieces that were incredibly well performed plus a wonderful Chopin piece performed on the piano.
I'm a bit of a secret opera lover and this evening did not disappoint.


Tante Hilda told me on the way home that Elsie and I were at least as good if not better on the piano when we played.
I begged to differ but did not argue.
Wondering if perhaps I overshot by taking her to this somewhat costly classical performance when she is happier listening to Elsie and I play and sing, but whatever.
  
Thankfully the evening ended with some carol singing that we could join in on.
It was simply blissful and I'm so glad I could be engulfed in the color and sounds of Christmas on this rainy November night.
Joy to the world...

No comments: