Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Green & Wet & Wild


I am so much better now.
Thankful for good nights and energy returning.
And clear lungs.
There is just so very much to be thankful for.
All the time!

I'm even loving the rain.
Grateful that I had those weeks of sunshine in the Mediterranean
It made it so easy to come home to clouds and wetness.




It is crazy green and lush out there.
The creek is raging and tumbling towards the expanding lake.
I've never seen it this high.
Wind and thunder, rain and lightning
This is the beginning of summer

Rivers of righteousness...

Rain down your Spirit on this place
May the natural speak of the invisible
May we become crazy green and lush
Producing fruit in every season
With roots that go deep.

Because we are a dry and needy people
So full of ourselves
Wealthy and distracted with pleasure

I groan.  I wait.  I pray.
Need to be more desperate.
Not giving Him rest, day or night.

Yet joyful with anticipation and expectation.

What a tangle, what a tension.

No comments: