Sunday, August 7, 2011

Trusting Still


Life is so odd.
How we perceive it and respond.
Sometimes it's all so clear and easy to live in the moment, savoring the peace.

Other times it's easy to forget what matters most, and to get lost in strange imaginings and the fears that like to lurk nearby and pounce when they sense a weakening.

I've had nights lately where the lurking ominous thoughts have seemed to gain momentum and have lept upon me making me almost nauseous with fear. And of course the spasms play into this whole scheme, waking me frequently enough to experience it again and again.

So I listen for the truth.
I remind myself of Him who is steadfast and good
Who counsels me and instructs me.
And, because He is at my right hand I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN.
I keep rehearsing Psalm 16: 7-9
And am comforted.
His Word will not go forth without accomplishing what He desires.
He's just so big and powerful like that.
His Word changes things.
It creates, It heals, It delivers, It saves.


Today I met with a group of believers that just might become my new church family.
Most are old friends and it felt so good to visit and worship
To listen to the Word and then share a meal together.
We all need each other so much.
So I will trust and keep watching for His movements and listening for His still small voice.
He speaks so comfortingly and kindly if I will stop and ask.

No comments: