Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beautiful Green



It's a most amazing thing to see the world transform from darkness to light,
grey to color, cold to warmth.
I love love LOVE all the green - so many shades, covering the hills and fields
Surrounding the house, bursting out on the trees!
And the season of blossoms has come. Color, light, texture, beauty.
The dandelions, as you can see, are outrageously beautiful, adding color and smiles with great exuberance to the greening landscape.
God speaks and colors the world for our enjoyment..
What an amazing, wonderful God.



And in the midst of celebrating Spring we also celebrated Mom's birthday. It's just the most glorious season to be born because it feels like the whole world is celebrating YOU!! With bursts of color, so much green and everything coming to life. And there's no one more worth putting on a party for than dear Mom, or Oma as she is affectionately called by most of us.
This is the incredible edible basket that Becci loving made for her and which the kids most joyously devoured!




As one can see, Oma was not the only one who enjoyed her party!

Meawhile, all is not always feeling like a garden party on the home front.

I've been having a run of too many weeks of my spasms being quite wild, especially in the night. Haven't been having good nights and it slowly catches up with me.
Starts to undermine and wear me down.
I feel the sneaky voice of the enemy tempting me to despair
To fall into self pity, to doubt the good character of my Shepherd.

But I know Him too well by now!

My Shepherd answers prayers. Cares for my heart. Guides me continually.
Even when all seems despair and sadness, I say the words that I know are truth
And the rescue comes again. And again and again.
He is most wonderful and gracious beyond comprehension.
So I cling and keep asking, seeking, knocking.
He is near.

My ladies group met again here today and we spoke of discernment,
Consolations and desolations.
The power of the Word. The need to make it our solid food.
To be able to discern what is best.
So we prayed scripture over one another and parted with our hearts broadened and our spirits encouraged.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9

Isn't that a wonderful prayer? I've been praying that one over my kids and myself this winter.

Oh, and back to answered prayers, exceedingly and abundantly, over and above,
The election results had me over the moon!

No comments: