Saturday, January 22, 2011

This past week





The middle of winter
So much snow
Cold cold.

But warmth has invaded my life
in so many ways this past week.
Gatherings with dear friends
Not one, but many!
I feel fed, with the richest of fare
Fellowship of the sort
that makes the heart fat and glad.
Mothers and daughters
meeting over Roti at Mad Mango.
Those moments that fold you in layers of pleasure.
Mothers meeting as friends, confidants
to share the life lessons that keep us on our faces
before the Beautiful King.
He lifts us up so that we can gaze upon Him
because those who look to Him are radiant,
their faces are never covered with shame.
Spontaneous gatherings around the kitchen table
with house mates and friends and laughter.
A birthday lunch for a friend
whose presence and insights were a very bright light
in the middle of a long winter.
And of course the little white desk
in the back room at the school where young students
delight my heart with their smiles as the riddle
of words is slowly unraveling.
Afternoons spent by the fire with a friend
Hands busy with crafts and hearts filled
with comfort.


My dear daughter's presence has been a treasure.
Hard places worked through.
Honesty and love and grace, so much grace.
His beauty revealed in her spirit.
She won't let go of Him.
Years of prayers are raining down now
and will continue to.
Because He Is Good.
He is the giver of every good and perfect gift.

Words just don't suffice.
So I will say thank you and thank you and thank you.
I love You. You are my life.
Even when I forget, You don't.

No comments: