Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Satisfied



I lay in bed listening to the rain pelt furiously on my window as the wind whips around the house and blows into my room.
Fresh, wild, wonderful Spring!

The day was quite lovely really.
School in the morning with my sweet students. They learn eagerly and are very cooperative, making the whole process an absolute joy. I feel privileged to spend that one on one time with these amazing kids. Jelly bellies are interspersed with sentences and writing. Tiny bursts of flavor and color to give courage and add zest to the lessons! I can't believe how much I've grown to love those little treats right along with the students. Comparing flavours and trying to decide what we're enjoying.



A lunch with some favorite friends to honor a young mother and her fourth little babe. Oh what a precious little bundle she is! I eagerly asked and received and held her close to me, absorbing all things good from that wee little body pressed against mine.



I couldn't believe how healing that felt and I longed for the opportunity to do more of that. I mourn the loss of my ability to run into the houses of friends and others where I could lend a helping hand, babysit or sometimes even just visit. It all seems like a ridiculously big effort to have someone haul me up the stairs and then to be unable to move about easily so I miss out on more that I probably should. Oh well, God has arranged for me to have such a wonderful home where I am free to entertain and provide hospitality in an environment that is perfect for me. Including my lavish bedroom of rest. Ahhhh. So I will count my blessings and not look at places of loss. It hurts too much and I have far too much good to stay there!

Tonight was full of those very good things that I love, in fact! My kids, the girlfriend, and extended family. So fun to prepare a salmon dinner, empty the fridge of leftovers and sit around the table with so many favorite people, big and little. The celebration of living and breathing, laughing and sharing, growing and BEING!!

The evening was pure bliss. Badminton between the son and little nephew with Moose in the middle trying to catch the birdie!



Artists inside drawing masterpieces which now adorn my fridge.


My niece admiring my garden and rejoicing in the very things that bring me delight. Sharing the joys of planting and growth and colors and smells and the good things yet to come. My daughter giving the garden tour and rejoicing in her rows of green emerging and showing great promise.






The warmth of the evening sun highlighting the orchards and hills. Laughter, dogs, children, family.



Oh I am rich, oh so rich and I always want to have the eyes to see that which is good.
Tonight it was as easy as can be and my heart swelled with pleasure and delight.
I am satisfied with the richest of fare.

No comments: