Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Brand New Year

It's a brand new year! And, unlike other years, I let this one slip in without my usual seeking God for a verse and asking Him for all kinds of good things. Somehow I think and hope that He will be faithful to me even when I haven't been so faithful to seek Him... I think I've read a verse about His faithfulness which is immensely comforting. And, who knows...I'm thinking that all of a sudden I will feel a fresh wind and will be inspired to get that 2009 verse or chapter and know just what God wants me to ask for these next 12 pages of my new calendar!

I'm so grateful for the gentle going out of the last year and the uneventful entrance of the next. The holidays were just wonderful. Even though I work so little (four part mornings a week) it still gives me structure and routine which is so healthy for me right now. And that way I actually look forward to breaks - like two weeks worth of being able to lounge in bed in the mornings and lazily start my day!

I'm grateful for many wonderful family gatherings which were enjoyed over the holidays and...

* for evenings spent with friends, laughing, eating and sharing stories

* a cozy home filled with lights and the Spirit of God

* Daniel came home from Peru!!!! and had Christmas with all of us

* I have a beautiful daughter who still lives at home and hangs out with me

* my mom and dad and Tante Hilda who are that solid generation that holds us together

* God's tangible presence landing on me Christmas Day while driving through beautiful snow covered hills and listening to Handel's Messiah




* our family - little and big, young and old filling up a whole pew at church Christmas Eve for the candle light service

* singing German Christmas carols at mom's on Christmas Eve with four generations

* delicious pea soup and fresh bread at my neice's home with the family - followed by fireside carols




* a delightful New Year's Eve here - the annual BINGO extravaganza, good food, games, and sparklers in the snow

* my wonderful brother arrived cheerfully and went from house to house bringing help and joy

* my delightful sister who was shopping for salad fixings on Christmas Day is alive and well hallelujah!!

* God's amazing grace that keeps us all together and loving each other and Him!

So, through the piles of snow that kept falling out of the sky and changing the landscape into a winter wonderland, we celebrated and enjoyed the great blessings of God. I never want to stop thanking Him!!

MAY HIS KINGDOM COME
MAY HIS WILL BE DONE,
HERE ON EARTH, IN MY HEART, IN MY HOME, IN MY FAMILY, IN MY CHURCH, IN MY CITY, IN MY NATION
AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

AMEN.

No comments: