Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well Loved

It was my birthday on Sunday!! Again! I celebrated with a picnic in my big backyard, inviting a wonderful assortment of family & friends, old and young, those known long and those more recently acquainted . Of course the guest of honor was Jesus and I made sure to ask Him to be there. He was, flowing like oil and wine, bringing joy and life.

We prayed, we sang, we ate and tasted of God's richest gifts. Relationships, friendships, love and laughter, food and fellowship in the grand outdoor cathederal. A frosty, overcast spring morning finally thawed into a warm afternoon when a few rays of sun broke through and we were able to enjoy our time together on the back patio. Children running and laughing. Teenagers huddled together on the trampoline, a group roasting marshmallows around the fire, and others on lawn chairs enjoying the tasty fare.

It brings me such joy to bring people together, to have celebrations in and around my home, to see people discovering each other and enjoying community. So that was my gift...Jesus moving in us and amongst us. The saved and the not yet saved, mingling together so that we could "taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!".

Flowers, gifts, cards and hugs...friends serving selflessly to make sure my party was a success. I am so very well loved. My precious parents & family members arriving and seeking me out to shower me with love. My amazing and dearly loved friends surrounding me and reminding me of how rich I am. So undeserving, yet well loved, nonetheless. So much grace...

A celebration of life. A celebration of Jesus... family, love, community, laughter... We choose to carve out times to celebrate as we journey along on this uncertain road leading to a sure and certain place. Oh the great joy of that knowledge.

Thank you Jesus. I welcome change & I welcome Your plans for this year. I want to bring You pleasure. I want to be Your friend and to learn to walk with you and not just try to live for you. Big aspirations but I have a very big God living inside little me. All things are possible, you said, so I am asking and looking forward to receiving.

Oh to be, a friend of God...

No comments: